then comes marriage

Friday, June 11
That's how it should go right? Except I had just been accepted to the BYU Jerusalem study abroad and I had wanted to go my whole life. So when Orlando started talking about getting married, I definitely wanted to- but only after I went to Jerusalem. Which didn't go over so well with him- he didn't want me to leave :) But I was stubborn and insisted that this was what I wanted. So he decided to move home to San Diego for the summer to see his family and save money. I moved home to North Ogden to do the same and the plan was that I would go to Jerusalem in the fall and we would just see what happened with us when I got home in December. Which sounded like the perfect plan to me...until he was actually gone and I was completely miserable without him. After a few weeks of being apart, I couldn't stand it anymore. I realized that I would rather be with him in boring Utah forever than be without him in Jerusalem, even for just 4 months. So I called him and told him I wasn't going to Jerusalem, I had changed my mind. I told him to come back and marry me :) He said he'd have to think about it (really he didn't) and he'd call me back tomorrow. The next day my family and I were at my grandma's house (I think it was Memorial Day) having a bbq and he walked in with a dozen roses and pink lillies... he had driven all night to come back to me. I'll never forget it. 4 days later, he took me out to The Roof and proposed and of course I said yes :) We set the date for August 23, 2008 in the San Diego Temple. It was the most beautiful day of the year and the best day of my life by far. I love love love remembering our temple sealing. I love that we are married for eternity. I love that our love story will never end.
to be continued... forever


2 comments:

  1. I got chills reading this. you two are so cute and I love your story. you'll be so happy that you documented it. So what's next? let's see? First comes LOVE...then comes MARRIAGE...then comes BABY!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word Fall 2008 is when my hubby went to BYU Jerusalem. He went and then we got married 2 days after he got back. Ha ha I wish he would've made a decision like you :) jk

    ReplyDelete